Please read through the following instructionsfor picking out, pricing, and preparing items for the sale. It is very important to follow these instructions and that items are properly prepared for the sale.
ITEMS WE NEED:
- SHOES AND SOCKS (shoes – very good condition, socks – no gray marks);
- TOYS: games, puzzles, dolls, DVD's and VHS, books, computer/electronic games;
- OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT: Bikes, ride-on toys, jungle gyms, climbers, slides, cars, and sports equipment. Large outdoor toys are very popular!;
- BABY GEAR: Bumbo seats with belt kit, boppy pillows, strollers, cribs, bedding, swings, high chairs, pack ‘n plays, bassinets, bouncers, baby accessories, blankets, diaper bags, bibs, burp cloths, receiving blankets, etc.;
- KID/BABY HOME DECOR juvenile furniture, curtains, rugs, bedding, etc.
CONSIGN WITH GRACE will not knowingly resell any children's item that has been recalled or is thought to contain lead. We recommend that you check the Consumer Product Safety Commission website to make sure your items are safe before bringing them to the sale:http://www.cpsc.gov/.
ITEMS THAT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED:
- DROP-SIDE CRIBS. These are being banned by the CPSC!
- ANY ITEM THAT HAS BEEN REACALLED THAT DOES NOT COME WITH A REPAIR KIT;
- CAR SEATS THAT ARE OVER 5 YEARS OLD (a manufacturing date can be found on a sticker on the side of the car seat) OR THAT HAVE BEEN IN A CAR CRASH (even if not damaged);
- OUTDATED CLOTHING (it will not sell);
- CLOTHES WITH STAINS, TEARS, LOST BUTTONS, BROKEN ZIPPERS
- STAINED OR SOILED BURP CLOTHS, BIBS OR RECEIVING BLANKETS (You can get most of this out with bleach);
- PACIFIERS (BINKIES), UNLESS NEW. ALSO PLEASE TAKE OUT NIPPLES FROM BOTTLES (since they can be replaced by purchasing new ones). SIPPY CUPS MAY BE SOLD ONLY IF GENTLY USED;
- UNDERWEAR (unless new) AND SOCKS NEED TO BE LIKE-NEW!;
- ‘PG-13’ OR ‘R’ MOVIES (‘PG13’ movies may be sold in the ‘Mom’s Corner’, please avoid bringing inappropriate movies/books to the sale);
- HOME DÉCOR/BEDDING THAT IS NOT MADE FOR A CHILD/BABY’S ROOM;
- TOYS THAT MAY CONTAIN LEAD OR THAT HAVE BEEN RECALLED (see paragraph above);
- ADULT CLOTHING (except maternity);
- BATTERY OPERATED TOYS WITHOUT BATTERIES.
Make sure zippers, buttons and snaps work properly and that EVERYTHING is freshly laundered, ironed if needed (those wrinkle release sprays work wonders too!), and most importantly, all clothing must beWITHOUT stains, holes, signs of heavy wear, or tears. Please inspect your items carefully at home. Spending a little extra time getting your items ready will mean more $$$ for you. Items that are cleaned, nicely presented, with all pieces attached, and loose threads clipped, sell much better!
$.50 CLOTHING RACK!!! NEW STARTING FROM OUR 6TH SALE - AUG. 2013, we will allow a few playwear clothing items with small imperfections (small holes, stains, rips, pilling, worn out knees, etc.). The tag should mention the little imperfection ('hole on knee', 'rip on elbow', 'pilling on collar', 'broken zipper', etc.). Please keep these items separate from your full price clothing to make consignor drop off easier.
ALL-SEASON CLOTHINGsize NB (Newborn) through size 14/16 YRS WILL BE ACCEPTED. WE ALSO ACCEPT GIRL’S JUNIORSIZES (S, M, L, XL and all odd numbers)!! No adult clothing allowed except maternity.
All season maternity clothing will be accepted. Must be in near perfect condition and not outdated. Each item must be presented on adult size hangers. Maternity clothes sell well if marked low (tops $1-2, bottoms $2-4, dresses $3-5). Other maternity items, such as books/videos/shower gifts), will also be accepted.
HANGING ITEMS (GENERALLY CLOTHES):
All clothing items should be presented on appropriate size hangers (preferably child hangers for clothing 4T and below), but if an item fits on an adult size hanger without stretching the fabric, then bigger size ones may be used. Free adult size wire hangers may be found at many dry cleaners.
There are certain items that look very nice if presented on hangers. Examples: blankets, bags, jumperoos, costumes, swimsuits, bibs, etc. Experience has taught that specific items that are hung and well displayed sell very fast!
Onesies may be sold in clear storage bags (no other clothing item may be placed in storage bags), but when an item is hug, the chances of it being seen and sold are much greater.
When hanging clothes make sure the hanger's hook is pointing to the left (when facing the garment the hook should look like a question mark) and that the tag is on the right shoulder. 2 pc. outfits: Pants/skirts need to be hung on the backside of the top garment and pinned from the waist to the top of the hanger by poking the pin through the top item and around the hanger so that both pieces can be viewed without unpinning them. Also, if a bottom garment is sold as a single item, it needs to be pinned at the top of the hanger. (SEE IMAGES BELOW)
1 PC. CLOTHING HUNG FROM SHOULDERS
(Hanger's hook should look like a question mark "?")
1 PC. CLOTHING HUNG FROM WAIST
OUTFITS WITH 2 PC. OR MORE
Must be in working order (batteries included) and recently cleaned. Small parts should be bagged and taped securely to the main part of the toy. CLEAR PACKAGING TAPEworks best, others will not hold. If parts get separated, it will not sell. Games and Puzzles should have all pieces and be tied or taped closed. Several small items can be grouped together in clear storage bags (books, rattles, or small toys). When possible, please give detailed description of the items in the bag on the tag. Remember to secure storage bags with packing tapeso that pieces do not get lost; this will also discourage people from opening the bags. The tag should be affixed on the outside of the bag securely taped with clear packaging tape. Please be sure NOT to place packaging tape on any material that may be ruined (like decals, felt, stickers, etc.) EXAMPLES OF OTHER BAGGED ITEMS: bottles, onesies, receiving blankets, burp cloths, bibs, socks, bows, kid's flatware, small toys or objects, etc.
Any baby equipment usually sells very well (strollers, high chairs, swings, exersaucers, jumperoos, bouncy seats, boppy pillows, play gyms, pack and plays and bassinets) PLEASE NO DROP SIDE CRIBS AS THEY ARE SUBJECT TO NATION WIDE RECALL.BUMBOS have been recalled, but may be sold if complete with the manufacturer's repair kit. Car seats cannot be older than 5 years from the manufacturing date (PLEASE check for recalls). If equipment requires batteries, they must be included. Furniture sells really well, especially toddler beds and chest of drawers.
LARGE TOYS AND OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT:
Large toys and outdoor play equipment must be clean, free of dirt and water. Magic Eraser, or bathroom cleaners work well on these items. Leading brands sell extremely well especially in the spring sale; all parts must be included.
ALL-SEASON shoes will be accepted, no limit on number of shoes presented. They must be tied in pairs by shoelaces, ribbon, or zip ties. Laces and shoes must be in excellent condition. Attach the tag with a large safety pin or hole punch and tie the tag to the item with ribbon. Please do not put shoes in a shoe box with a tag affixed on the box because shoes get easily separated from the box. Tennis shoes/sneakers should be in near new condition!! Please consider running them through the washing machine on cold setting and letting them air dry... they will look like new!
We will be accepting 10 items from each consignor for our very successful 'Mom's Corner'. These are items that are NOT kid related, but that could interest Moms. Examples: Household items, decor, kitchen utensils, crafts, scrapbooking, DVDs (please no R rated), books, jewelry, little pieces of furniture, knick-knacks, etc. If in doubt, please email us.
$.50 TOY BINS:
We will have 2 toy bins (boy & girl toys) with some small toys that will be priced at $.50 for moms who would like a little inexpensive something to entertain their kids while shopping. Only 10 items from each consignor will be accepted.